Saturday, March 17, 2018

Rec. #478: List #66 -- Public Voices to Pay Attention To, Part 9

[Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8]


"Goodbye to Hope Hicks, an object lesson in the quickest way a woman can advance under misogyny: silence, beauty, and unconditional deference to men."
Jia Tolentino (@jiatolentino)




"My husband told me he thinks my sexual orientation is 'being right' and I've never felt more seen."
Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti)




"Stick to finance, bro. And don't talk about your mother like that."
Lisa Wade (@lisawade)




"You know #metoo hasn't gone near far enough when 'that lady judge should've been nicer to that guy who assaulted more than a hundred girls' is an actual take by media dudes."
Fannie Wolfe (@fanniesroom)




"guys I'm legitimately confused about how someone can stay friends with a Nazi and just, like, ignore their boner for genocide. I can't even pretend to like my friends' bands."
Andi Zeisler (@andizeisler)



No comments:

Post a Comment