Friday, March 9, 2018

Rec. #470: List #66 -- Public Voices to Pay Attention To, Part 2


[See Part 1 here.]



"Twitter using women's empowerment for its ad campaign is like BP oil airing a commercial starring a duck in a bubble bath."
Lauren Duca (@laurenduca)



"I mean the ideological diversity in the Trump White House started out running the gamut from actual Nazis to people willing to work with actual Nazis to those who believed they could outmaneuver and contain actual Nazis while relying on their support. That's not far to fall."
Alexandra Erin (@alexandraerin)




"school teachers in a meeting: okay we have 45 seconds til the bell rings so who's gonna handle that? Chris? cool. okay BREAK!
profs in a meeting: I have prepared a 12-page report indicating why I don't think we should continue ordering hazelnut coffee. I shall now read it aloud"
Eve Ewing (@eveewing)




"TFW you realize it's 2018 and you have to read Dred Scott and research the Fugitive Slave Act because it's actually relevant to current policy."
Imani Gandy (@AngryBlackLady)




"Jake, I'm fat. You really worked out a mystery. I'm fat and powerful. In a few minutes I will forget about you. You'll be hearing about me for the rest of your life."
Roxane Gay (@rgay)



[Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9]


No comments:

Post a Comment