Tuesday, December 8, 2015

List #56: An Alphabet for December -- H

[An incomplete guide to some of the things I wrecked this year.]



"H" Is for ... High Maintenance




What: This web series follows an unnamed pot dealer "bike messenger" and his clients. Each 5-to-10-minute episode is like a little, perfect short story.

Comparable to: I mean short stories in the vein of Daphne Kalotay. As in, swap out New York for Boston and you've basically got Kalotay's Calamity and Other Stories (Rec. #227).

Representative quote: "I gotta say, originally I was kind of upset that you guys had a kid 'cause he was kind of screwing up my income stream, but he's really cute!"


How to watch it:

First of all, go to Vimeo.

Second, the episode titles are not the client names. The episodes can be a little tricky to track, so here are the key words/phrases that describe each one (while still mainly avoiding spoilers). I've starred my favorites.

"Stevie" --- Personal assistant
"Heidi" --- Moocher
"Jamie" --- Mouse
***"Olivia" --- Assholes
***"Helen" --- Lonely
"Trixie" --- Airbnb couple
"Dinah" --- couple + friend
"Jonathan" --- Hannibal Buress
"Elijah" --- Family dinner
***"Brad Pitts" --- Bird watching
***"Qasim" --- Polyphasic sleep
***"Matilda" --- Niece
***"Rachel" --- Dan Stevens


Third, HBO has picked this up. Because of course it has.




[A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W]


No comments:

Post a Comment