Sunday, December 1, 2013

List #32: British TV Comedies to Watch on Hulu (for free) --- Part 2 of 3


For many of us, this time of the year isn't about what we want so much as what we don't want.

We don't want to spend money and we don't want to think too much.

So here you go.


[Start with Part 1 here.]


7. Miranda

5 key words: pratfalls, food, awkwardness, "such fun"

Representative quote: "A savory muffin? Life is full of enough disappointments, Gary! A savory muffin?! I don't know you anymore."



8. The Office

5 key words: the original, Slough, heartbreakingly funny

Representative quote: "I'd be lying if I said my life had turned out exactly as I'd expected. My old school recently had a reunion, which I didn't go to, but one girl in my class it turns out, right, she is now running her own Internet auction website, making a fortune, and is happily married to a marine biologist. She used to eat chalk."



9. Peep Show

5 key words: odd couple flatmates, alternate p.o.v.s

Representative quote:
"My brother is such a dickhead. I wish he was dead."
"Oh, that's a bit much. Just pretend you need his bone marrow. Apparently that's agony."



10. Pramface

5 key words: accidental pregnancy, mismatched youths, oops

Representative quote:
"Get back on your BMX, go home, and just forget about the whole thing."
"Hey! I didn't come here on my BMX! My mum gave me a lift."



11. Smack the Pony

5 key words: sketch show, jumps into surrealism

Representative quote: "Hi. I'm a Gemini . . . and I've just set fire to my head. Um, I can't really remember why now. I think I was going to say that I did special effects for movies. But I'm not really qualified. I'm just very enthusiastic about the subject."


[Continue with Part 3 here.]


No comments:

Post a Comment