Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rec. #319: The Thin Man (film)



What: Myrna Loy and William Powell set out to prove that the key ingredients for a happy marriage are a sense of humor, family money, a sparky dog, a murder to solve, and lots and lots of booze.

Representative dialogue:
"Say listen, is he working on a case?"
"Yes, he is."
"What case?"
"A case of scotch. Pitch in and help him."

Representative quote: "I don't like crooks, and if I did like crooks, I wouldn't like crooks that were stool pigeons, and if I did like crooks that were stool pigeons, I still wouldn't like you!"

How to get it: This is just the first in a whole series of Thin Man movies. The titles make no sense from here on in, but just go with it.

Connections to previous Wreckage: The source material is the novel of the same name by Dashiell Hammett (Rec. #234). 

You can also watch Loy and Powell trade flirtatious barbs in the screwball comedy Libeled Lady (Rec. #229).


No comments:

Post a Comment