Saturday, August 13, 2011

List #8: Smart, Non-Blockbuster Crowd Pleasers: The Base for Almost Every Personalized Recommendation List I Make

As I mentioned earlier, there are some things I didn't include on any of the personalized list this past week because I probably would have added them to all of the lists.

They are books, movies, and television shows that most people would enjoy, regardless of their personal taste preferences. Also, there's often a good chance people haven't read/watched them before, unless I've already given them the suggestion.

Here are 10 things I tell almost everyone to read or watch:

1. Hark! A Vagrant, by Kate Beaton (Rec. #95)

2. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell (Rec. #140)

3. The Bullfighter Checks Her Makeup, by Susan Orlean (Rec.  #126)

4. Don't Get too Comfortable, by David Rakoff (Rec. #76)

5. The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip, by George Saunders (Rec. #18)


6. To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis (Rec. #100)

7. Harold and Maude (Rec. #45)

8. Shadow of a Doubt (Rec. #78)

9. State of Play (Rec. #104)

10. Wonderfalls (Rec. #2)


No comments:

Post a Comment