Sunday, August 28, 2011

List #9: 6 British TV Comedies to Watch Instantly on Netflix

1. Coupling: "Friendship's more lasting than love, and more legal than stalking."

2. Gavin & Stacey: "I know the dress is white, right, but who can honestly say, hand on heart, that they're a virgin these days?"

3. The Office: "The people you work with are people you were just thrown together with. I mean, you don't know them, it wasn't your choice. And yet you spend more time with them than you do your friends or your family. But probably all you have in common is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for eight hours a day."


And three sketch shows:

4. A Bit of Fry and Laurie: "Then I was Princess Anne's assistant for a while, but I chucked that in because it was obvious they were never going to make me Princess Anne, no matter how well I did the job. It was a question of who you were, rather than how well you did, you know, and I hate that."

5. The Catherine Tate Show (Rec. #81): "You ever see those women who leave their money to the cats. Oh, that do make me laugh. What do the cats want with it? What are they gonna do? Go on a cruise? They're fucking cats!"

6. That Mitchell and Webb Look: "How can I possibly introduce you to the manager? You haven't shaved, you're not wearing a tie, and you hold your ladle like a pen. Now take your gaudy but gratifyingly mute girlfriend and get out."

No comments:

Post a Comment