Monday, October 22, 2018

Rec. #687: I Pulled a 1,500-Year-Old Sword Out of a Lake



What: When this piece appeared in The Guardian last week, I saw more than one person declare it to be the only good thing on the internet.

They are not wrong.

Representative quotes:
"Daddy was begging me to rush so he could watch the World Cup final, but I like to take my time about things so I ignored him."

"People on the internet are saying I am the queen of Sweden ... I am not a lady – I’m only eight – but it’s true I found a sword in the lake. I wouldn’t mind being queen for a day, but when I grow up I want to be a vet."

How to get it: "I Pulled a 1,500-Year-Old Sword Out of a Lake," from Saga Vanecek, was published in The Guardian on October 19. The original story about the sword's discovery was published in the same source on October 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment