Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Flashback: Rec. #280: The Outs, season 1

I decided to start doing Friday Flashbacks in case you missed some early posts the first time around. You're busy; I understand.

Reblogging this one because Season 2 is here!



What: The Outs is a six-part web miniseries about the fallout after the end of a relationship. The series looks and feels like it should be programmed right before Girls on HBO, but instead it's on your computer, streaming for free.

Opening lines:
"Hi, I'm Jack."
"Whatever."

Representative dialogue:
"You said you wanted to kill him."
"No, I didn't. I said I wanted to outlive him."

You might not like it if: You have a low threshold for the number of scenes you can watch wherein the characters get high.

How to get it: You can go through Vimeo or just go to theouts.com. Plus, there's a Chanukah special!

Connections to other Wreckage: Shares definite tonal similarities with Rec. #374: High Maintenance.

Also: I have to mention that one of the main characters is named Oona and I can't seem to stop doing impressions of her.



[Originally posted 3/21/13.]


No comments:

Post a Comment