Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Flashback: Rec. #7: Hyperbole and a Half

I decided to start doing Friday Flashbacks in case you missed some early posts the first time around. You're busy; I understand.



What: You're probably already familiar with this brilliant blog. If you are, consider this a happy Friday reminder to check out the full archive (2009 and 2010 are the most robust). 

If Hyperbole and a Half is new to you, please click on any of the links I'm peppering throughout this post, and then enjoy artist/writer/blogger/humorist Allie Brosh's thoughts on canine intelligence, awkward situations, and The Alot. Also, my two favorite posts so far: "The Party" and "Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving."

Representative quote: "For a little while, I actually feel grown-up and responsible. I strut around with my head held high, looking the other responsible people in the eye with that knowing glance that says, 'I understand. I'm responsible now too. Just look at my groceries.'" (from "This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult")

You might not like it if: You are consumed by jealousy because Allie Brosh is so talented and funny. Actually, scratch that. I'm consumed by jealousy and I love the blog unreservedly. If you decide you don't like it, please let me know so I can feel less jealous.

How to get it: Good grief. Just click here.


Also: Brosh's book of the same name made my List #35: A Few of the Best Books I Read in 2013.



[Originally posted 1/6/11.]

No comments:

Post a Comment