Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Rec. #509: Try



What: The music video of Michael Penn's "Try" was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and features blink-and-you-miss-it Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Penn and his wife, Aimee Mann, have each worked with PTA several times (Mann notably on Magnolia), and connections like this make me wonder things like, "Did the Mann-Penn household send congrats to the Anderson-Rudolphs every time they had a child?"


Representative lyrics:
That is why I kept away so
I'd look strange at your door
In my way, in a nutshell
I don't try
I won't try
I don't want to try you anymore

Connection to previous Wreckage: A music video from Aimee Mann was Rec. #414.

P.S. I really hope that at some point Aimee Mann writes a song about how her brother-in-law is such a wanker.


No comments:

Post a Comment