Monday, July 22, 2013

Rec. #299: Love at the Bottom of the Sea



What: Love at the Bottom of the Sea is the latest album from The Magnetic Fields, and I had the standout song "Andrew in Drag" stuck in my head all weekend. Again.

Comparable to: Stephin Merritt and co. bring the synths back for the first time since 1999's mega-album 69 Love Songs.

Representative lyrics:
There is no hope of love for me
From here on I'll go stag
The only girl I'll ever love is
Andrew in drag
--- from [surprise, surprise] "Andrew in Drag"

More representative lyrics:
Hugh'd go anywhere with you
Hugh would take you to Timbukto
You would do anything for me
Me, I'd go anywhere with Hugh
--- from "I'd Go Anywhere with Hugh"

How to get it: Well, you should pay money for it, of course. And enjoy the "Andrew in Drag" video, which features Stephin Merritt, Claudia Gonson, Darrell Thorne, Stormy Leather, and a lot of turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment