Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Rec. #891: Kajillionaire

 


What: A young woman (Evan Rachel Wood) slowly realizes that her parents' (Debra Winger, Richard Jenkins) use of her to run a lifetime of small cons is ... not great. Enter Gina Rodriguez.

I loved this absurdist comedy from writer/director Miranda July.

Representative quote: "I don't have any regrets. You're gonna have regrets, though. Because you're gonna miss sex and dancing and pancakes. I just had that one pancake. So I'm not gonna be sad."

How to get it: Streaming on HBO Max. Or rent from wherever. (Or borrow the DVD for free from your local library, which is what I did! Because the streaming universe is increasingly just trying to recreate the price-gouging user-unfriendliness of cable packages. And libraries are great.)


No comments:

Post a Comment