Thursday, April 8, 2021

Rec. #890/ Streaming Suggestion of the Week #51: Feel Good



Stream what: Creator Mae Martin also stars in this dark comedy/drama-with-funny-bits about a comedian recovering from addiction and starting a new relationship ... and also starting to depend on that as a new addiction.

Stream why: Excellent writing (see quotes below) and a stellar cast, including Charlotte Ritchie, Lisa Kudrow, Sophie Thompson (yes, Emma's sister), and Sindhu Vee. It also features actors from my beloved W1A and my also-beloved Green Wing.

If your little '90s brain ever wanted to see Phoebe from Friends and Wickham from the 1995 Pride and Prejudice as a couple, this is your chance!

Representative dialogue:

"Sometimes I think I just love George, but I actually also love grapes." | "Yeah, George is not your entire personality, darling. You gotta remember that. Addicts fixate. You gotta mix it up."

[Meanwhile, from George] "I think that love should sit beside your life, like a lamp."

Stream where: Netflix


Connections to previous Wreckage: Green Wing was Rec. #110. W1A was Streaming Suggestion of the Week #33.


No comments:

Post a Comment