Saturday, August 6, 2016

Friday (whoops, Saturday) Flashback: Rec. #171 (abbrev.): Fraud

I decided to start doing Friday Flashbacks in case you missed some early posts the first time around. You're busy; I understand.


What: David Rakoff (not David Sedaris), debut essay collection, This American Life, New York City, hiking trip, Aspen, Loch Ness monster, New Age retreat, Steven Seagal, wilderness survival camp, elves in Iceland, editorial assistants, daytime soap opera, department store Freud

Representative quote: "I know I sound like the Central Casting New Yorker I've turned myself into with single-minded determination when I say this, but the main problem with working in the fields is that the sun is just always shining."

Connection to previous Wreckage: Rakoff followed this up with Don't Get too Comfortable (Rec. #76).



[Originally posted 8/17/11.]

No comments:

Post a Comment