Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Flashback: Rec. #222 (abbrev.): The Headhunters

I decided to start doing Friday Flashbacks in case you missed some early posts the first time around. You're busy; I understand.


What: Murder mystery by Peter Lovesey, hypothetical "I could kill my boss" game gone wrong, double date, dead body on a beach, the Slug and Lettuce, missing colleague, fossils, Hen Mallin, gardening center, flood, CID, bowling, printing company, Mill Pond, woolly mammoth

Opening lines: "'I could cheerfully murder my boss,' said Gemma."

Representative quote: "On another website Jo was startled to see her own name. Little else was accurate. Described as a resident of Selsey (wrong), she was supposed to have stumbled over the body (she didn't stumble over anything) whilst exercising her dogs (what dogs?) on Medmerry Beach (East Beach). A salutary reminder not to believe everything on the internet."

Connection to previous Wreckage: The Headhunters is very good fun, but The Reaper (Rec. #21) --- also by Peter Lovesey --- is a triumph.




[Originally posted 3/1/12.]


No comments:

Post a Comment