Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Flashback: Rec. #238 (abbrev.): Monsoon Wedding

I decided to start doing Friday Flashbacks in case you missed some early posts the first time around. You're busy; I understand.


What: Preparations for an arranged marriage in New Delhi, director Mira Nair, fathers, mothers, dancing, brothers, cousins, event planner, uncles, aunties, exactly and approximately, affair, eating, tv producer, secrets, housemaid, marigolds

Representative quote: "Computer engineers are India's biggest export."

Bonus representative quote: "These are my children, and I will protect them from myself even if I have to."

Also: The actual wedding isn't shown until a few brief clips during the end credits.


Connections to other Wreckage: Part of List #18: Ten Movies That Pass the Bechdel/Wallace Test


No comments:

Post a Comment