Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rec. #287: Slings and Arrows, season 3


What: The third and final season of Slings and Arrows winds down its tale of a Shakespearean theater festival (cough, Stratford, cough). This time around, people on and off stage at the New Burbage festival let themselves go a bit, some into drugs, some into threesomes, some into . . . musical theater.

Representative quote: "I must say, I've fallen in love with the musical genre. It's the art form of the common man. If you want to communicate something with the proletariat cover it in sequins and make it sing. It's noisy, vulgar, and utterly meaningless... I love it."

Bonus representative quote: "I saw, at a laboratory in Rotterdam, a chimpanzee, driven to a state of sexual frenzy, simply by listening to a C Major chord over and over again. I saw it with my own eyes."

How to get it: Stream it on Netflix or Amazon.

Connections to previous Wreckage: Watch the whole series --- you'll be glad you did, and each season is only six episodes. Season 1 was Rec. #127 and season 2 was Rec. #191.

No comments:

Post a Comment