Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rec. #225 (abbrev.): The Lady Vanishes


What: Hitchcock non-blonde film, trans-European train, snow, Bandrika, village hotel, disguises, cricket, passengers, codes, maids, brain surgeon, yodeling, governess, delay, cricket, bandages, high heels, Boris, glasses, nuns, avalanche, music scholar, espionage, missing person who was never there

Opening lines:
"What's all this fuss about, Charters?"
"Damned if I know."

Representative quote: "I've no regrets. I've been everywhere and done everything. I've eaten caviar at Cannes, sausage rolls at the dogs. I've played baccarat at Biarritz and darts with the rural dean. What is there left for me but marriage?"

Connections to previous Wreckage: More Hitchcock! Rope (Rec. #5), Shadow of a Doubt (Rec. #78), Family Plot (Rec. #120), The Trouble with Harry (Rec. #145), Strangers on a Train (Rec. #166), Spellbound (Rec. #185)

Also, it's worth noting that actress Kristen Bell bears an uncanny resemblance to Margaret Lockwood, the star of The Lady Vanishes. See for yourself by following this up with Veronica Mars (Rec. #168).

No comments:

Post a Comment